In the ever-evolving landscape of media and journalism, Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) stands as a shining example of a subscription-led and digitally-focused company dedicated to empowering communities to thrive. With an expansive reach at both the national and local levels, Gannett leaves an indelible mark on millions of lives through its Pulitzer Prize-winning content, immersive consumer experiences, and a suite of advertiser products and services designed to cater to modern marketing needs.
Gannett’s extensive media portfolio includes the influential USA TODAY NETWORK, encompassing the nationally renowned USA TODAY publication along with local media organizations spanning 43 states across the United States. Additionally, Gannett owns Newsquest, a wholly-owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom, further expanding its global footprint.
Notably, Gannett is also at the forefront of digital marketing services through its brand, LocaliQ. LocaliQ offers a comprehensive cloud-based platform of products tailored to empower small and medium-sized businesses in achieving their marketing objectives. The company’s commitment to innovation extends to its media-owned events business, USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures, which stands as one of the largest of its kind in the United States.
For those seeking to become part of Gannett’s dynamic team, the company features open roles on various external job boards. It’s important to note that when applying for positions at Gannett, the application process takes place exclusively on Gannett Careers via Dayforce. Job seekers should exercise caution as job postings directing them to complete applications on other external sites may not be valid.
To connect with Gannett and explore career opportunities, visit their website at www.gannett.com.
In a testament to Gannett’s commitment to capturing the pulse of contemporary culture, USA TODAY and The Tennessean, both part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, are actively seeking a talented reporter. The selected journalist will be tasked with chronicling the multifaceted impact of the global superstar and cultural icon, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.
Beyoncé’s influence transcends boundaries, spanning music, fashion, culture, and economics. She has left an indelible mark on society, shaping conversations about race, relationships, and empowerment. Gannett is seeking an energetic and enterprising writer who can skillfully navigate text and video formats, effectively capturing the essence of Beyoncé’s impact across industries and society.
This reporter will delve into the reasons behind Beyoncé’s ever-expanding influence, exploring how it shapes the realms of music and business. Additionally, the successful candidate will delve into the fascinating world of the Beyhive, the fiercely devoted fanbase that plays a pivotal role in enhancing the artist’s image and relevance.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of journalism experience, preferably in a digital-first newsroom.
- A track record of creating compelling and shareable stories that resonate with a dedicated audience.
- A knack for uncovering captivating stories that go beyond trends, using sophisticated and concise storytelling.
- A dedication to purposeful experimentation, seeking creative ways to deliver national stories in fresh and relevant ways.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse team of reporters, editors, photographers, and producers to craft meaningful narratives tailored to specific audiences.
- Strong writing skills with a clear and concise style.
- Proficiency in understanding metrics and leveraging data to inform coverage decisions.
- Mastery of AP Style.
- Willingness to travel extensively, including international trips.
- Ability to report in more than one language (preferred).
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and minimum liability insurance as required by state law.
- Employment is contingent on successfully passing a post-offer pre-employment background check, motor vehicle record check, and drug screen.
Gannett Co., Inc.’s pursuit of journalistic excellence and its commitment to engaging with contemporary culture shine through in their search for a reporter to chronicle the influence of Beyoncé Knowles-Carter. This exciting opportunity underscores Gannett’s dedication to delivering relevant and impactful stories to its audience.
As Gannett continues to evolve and innovate in the media landscape, this endeavor promises to provide readers of USA TODAY, The Tennessean, and over 200 local news sources with an inside view of Beyoncé’s career and her enduring impact on society. It’s a testament to Gannett’s unwavering commitment to empowering communities through journalism that matters.